English Version of Slim5 Documentation

Feels free to drop any suggestions of what should be put in to the next release of SLiMS.

Moderators: wynerst, buitenzorg812, purwoko, sutriadi, ido, Dicarve, ridorido

Annu

English Version of Slim5 Documentation

Post by Annu » 29 Nov 2012, 11:41

It will be a plus point if we can have English Version of Slim5 Documentation...........

buitenzorg812

Re: English Version of Slim5 Documentation

Post by buitenzorg812 » 29 Nov 2012, 23:15

100% agree with you, mate. I believe that's what @gurujim and his colleague is trying to do. Worth to wait though :).

gurujim

Post by gurujim » 16 Feb 2013, 16:55

I think this will be made available very soon, once proofreading, to remove any major errors, is complete. The translation is based on the Bahasa Indonesian document, and some of the information and images carry over from Senayan version 3. Keep watching.. ;)

Annu

Post by Annu » 18 Apr 2013, 11:45

Waiting waiting and waiting

gurujim

Post by gurujim » 14 May 2013, 07:35

I've been waiting for the team to get back to me with comments on the draft.. I've made some additional small edits, and hopefully we can publish soon

Annu

Post by Annu » 15 May 2013, 15:55

Appreciated the effort

gurujim

Post by gurujim » 20 May 2013, 09:52

A BETA version of the English language version of the manual for SLiMS v5 ( Meranti) now exists here in PDF form :https://github.com/Ozgurujim/SLiMS-5-En ... ned-v1.pdf
This link takes you to the file on Github, and then you can choose the RAW link which should give you the option to download the file.
:)
Additionally, individual sections of the manual can be downloaded as smaller files by going to here: https://github.com/Ozgurujim/SLiMS-5-En ... aster/pdfs
Please offer improvements so we can take the manual to final release. :) I hope this is useful.

buitenzorg812

Post by buitenzorg812 » 22 May 2013, 13:20

hi guys, first, on behalf of the developers, i'd like to apologize if we cannot do the proofread a.s.a.p. like you all wished. since jim have release the so-called-beta version of the english documentation based on SLiMS 5 Meranti, please allow me to give a big hug and thank to jim. if you don't mind, jim, i'd like to put the english documentation to slims.web.id, so we can enrich the documentation collection of SLiMS.

secondly, based on the english documentation based we will try to improve the content of it for the upcoming release, cendana. have you guys try it? oh jim, i'd like to ask you a favor, again, if you don't mind. would you like to be the maintainer of SLiMS english documentation? i'll ask permission from the rest of the devs if you could give us a hand :). thank you.

gurujim

Post by gurujim » 22 May 2013, 13:39

:D "No worries, mate" ( as we Australians say), I am happy for you to pull the "beta" version from Github, and place it in the Senayan site. Thanks for your kind comments.
I will call it "beta" version until I receive at least two corrections/suggested improvements - then we can call it a proper release Version 1 :lol:
But it seems soon we will need another manual for Cendana!! I haven't tried it yet, but I will try it soon.
I can try to be one of the maintainers of the English language documentation - but you know that I am illiterate in Bahasa Indonesia, so I have to rely on Google Translate when translating. It would be very good to also have the help of someone who reads both languages ;)

gurujim

Post by gurujim » 10 Dec 2013, 04:46

Today I downloaded the Bahasa Indonesian manual for Cendana and will begin a preliminary translation effort. It would still be good to have someone who reads both languages :lol: to help - otherwise I will have to rely on Google Translate :oops: .
I guess we should build the translation in Github, together.